IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE
Do you want to see the world, meet new people, and take your passion for customer service to a higher level? A career as a CommutAir Airlines flight attendant is the perfect way to get your wings. If you are reliable, have a positive attitude, and are ready for your “office” in the sky – apply today!
Our 2 east coast bases Newark, NJ and Dulles, VA are easy to reach and connect you to the world. Base preferences will be assigned during training in seniority order and applicants must be open to relocation to base.
- Travel privileges in United Airlines and 30+ partner airlines all over the world for our employees and immediate families
- Paid airport parking in base or at your home airport
- Paid Training – you are an employee from day one and lodging is paid for during training
Our Flight Attendants have a minimum 11 days off on reserve and 12 as line holder per month in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. The PBS system (Preferential Bidding System) allows crew members to customize their schedule as line holders.
Flight Attendants perform or assist in the performance of all Inflight safety, customer service and cabin preparation duties, along with communicating and cooperating with the flight and ground crews.
- Ensure safety standards on board are met and passengers comply with applicable FAA and company regulations and policies
- Provide outstanding customer service and assist passengers while on board while representing not only CommutAir but also our codeshare partner United Airlines
- Complete necessary checklists and paperwork and reports as outlined in the Flight Attendant Manual
- Communicate effectively with pilots and ground crew to ensure efficient and safe operation of flights
- Be prepared to handle an emergency at any time during a flight
- Comply with company policies as outlined in the Flight Attendant Manual and Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon in applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement
General Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable Visas. Must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by CommutAir without restriction (including Canada)
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Must be able to work out of any of our crew bases. Bases are located in Newark, NJ and Dulles, VA
- Satisfactory 10-year background history, including criminal background. If you have been convicted of a criminal misdemeanor or felony within the last five years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position due to Canadian Immigration Regulations. Canada also has a strict inadmissible class or status that includes no conviction of DWI/DUI. If you have been on probation or convicted of a DWI/DUI or misdemeanor within the last 10 years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position unless you show proof that you have received a letter of approval from Canada
- Ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 70 lbs. and be able to push, pull, or move a beverage cart
- Must have a minimum height of 5'0" and a maximum height of 5'10". Due to the internal size of our aircraft there are no exceptions to the height requirement
- Standing or walking for extended periods
- Possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits
- Demonstrated ability to work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching (extended in front and to the side of the body and above the head), walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, working in a cramped or awkward positions, and squatting
- Fit into the jump seat and harness without any modifications
- Ability to comply with company uniform and grooming standards at all times while on duty. Tattoos must not be visible at any time (Examples of visible tattoos include, but are not limited to: Hands, arms, neck, face, legs, and feet)
- Ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward and able to fit quickly through the over wing exit
- Ability to hear and respond to customer and crew communications in situations with high background noise
- Outdoor exposure to weather
CommutAir operates flights every day of the year, requiring flight attendants to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Flight Attendants bid on schedules, and schedules are awarded based on seniority.
Learn the Lingo:
The airline industry has a language all of its own. If you want to ace your interview, review these general aviation terms.